Active Duty Service Members (ADSMs)
• TRICARE Prime ADSMs must receive all vision care at a military treatment facility (MTF) unless specifically referred to a network provider (or non- network provider if a network provider is not available).
• TRICARE Prime Remote ADSMs may obtain comprehensive eye examinations from network providers as needed to maintain fitness- for-duty status without authorization.
Active Duty Family Members (ADFMs)
• One routine eye exam to check for vision and diseases per calendar year, regardless of TRICARE program option.
• Medically necessary care for injuries to the eye is covered. Retired Service Members and Their Dependents (includes all beneficiaries other than ADSMs and ADFMs)
• If enrolled in TRICARE Prime, one routine eye exam to check for vision and diseases every two years (except for diabetic patients, see “Diabetic Patients” in this figure).
• If using TRICARE Standard and TRICARE Extra or TRICARE For Life, no coverage (except for well-child benefit and diabetic patients, see “Well- Child Benefit” and “Diabetic Patients” in this figure).
• Medically necessary care for injuries to the eye is covered. Well-Child Benefit
For all TRICARE-eligible infants and children up to age 6: